Members Bradley BernsteinMD, Ph.D., Paula Canondoctorate, howard changMD, Ph.D., and Ahmad (Mo) KhalilPh.D., will guide the advancement of the company’s epigenetic editing platform and key programs
Scientific Advisors Join Chroma Founders, Luke Gilbertdoctorate, Keith Young MD., Ph.D., David Liudoctorate, Angelo Lombardodoctorate, Luigi NaldiniMD, Ph.D., and jonathan weismanPh.D., expanding the company’s world-class team of genomic medicine leaders
CAMBRIDGE, Mass., September 20, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Chroma Medicine, Inc., (Chroma), a genomic medicine company pioneering single-dose epigenetic editing therapy, today announced the formation of a Scientific Advisory Board (SAB) comprised of renowned leaders in epigenetics, cell and gene therapy, and synthetic biology: Bradley BernsteinMD, Ph.D., Paula Canondoctorate, howard changMD, Ph.D., and Ahmad (Mo) KhalilPh.D. SAB members will make essential contributions to Chroma as the company advances its programs addressing a wide range of diseases.
“Each of these eminent experts will be instrumental in unlocking the potential of epigenetic editing therapy,” said Catherine Stehman Breen, MD, President and CEO of Chroma Medicine. “We are honored to welcome them to the Chroma team and eager to leverage their expertise as we build the future of genomic medicine.”
“The SAB is made up of scientific leaders whose basic research has significantly advanced the fields of genome editing and cell and gene therapy,” said Vic Myer, Ph.D., President and Chief Scientific Officer of Chroma. “They bring a wealth of knowledge and experience to Chroma as we continue to advance our platform with the goal of bringing new single-dose genomic therapies to patients.”
Members of Chroma’s Scientific Advisory Board include:
- Bradley BernsteinMD, Ph.D.
- dr. Bradley Bernstein holds the chair of cancer biology at the Dana-Farber Cancer Institute, director of the Gene Regulation Observatory at the Broad Institute, professor of cell biology and pathology at Harvard Medical Schooland an investigator from Harvard Ludwig Institute. His research, focusing on the epigenetic regulation of genes, led to the discovery of “bivalent domains”, a characteristic state of chromatin consisting of opposing histone modifications that prime master genes for alternate fates. Dr. Bernstein earned his MD and Ph.D. from University of Washington.
- Paula Canondoctorate
- dr. Paula Canon is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Molecular Microbiology and Immunology at the University University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine. She leads a research team that studies viruses, stem cells and gene therapy. His work led to the development of a gene-editing approach for the treatment of HIV, which is currently undergoing clinical trials. His recent contributions focus on the use of CRISPR/Cas9 to engineer hematopoietic stem cells and B cells for long-term control of viral infections. Dr. Cannon earned his Ph.D. in genetics of University of Liverpool.
- howard changMD, Ph.D.
- dr. howard chang is the Virginia and DK Ludwig Professor of Cancer Research and Professor of Dermatology and Genetics at Stanford University. His research has pioneered methods for epigenomic profiling and identification of key regulators of large-scale transcription programs. Dr. Chang earned his Ph.D. in the biology of Massachusetts Institute of Technology and his MD of Harvard Medical School.
- Ahmad (Mo) Khalildoctorate
- dr. Ahmad (Mo) Khalil is Dorf-Ebner Emeritus Associate Professor of Biomedical Engineering and Associate Director of the Center for Biological Design at Boston Universityand Visiting Scholar at the Wyss Institute for Biologically Inspired Engineering in Harvard University. His research pioneered synthetic biology methods to dissect and engineer the molecular circuits that control gene regulation and epigenetic memory in eukaryotes. Dr. Khalil obtained his Ph.D. in mechanical engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology.
About Chroma Medicine
Chroma Medicine is a biotech company pioneering a new class of genomic drugs that harness epigenetics, nature’s innate mechanism for gene regulation, to deliver single-dose treatments to patients with underlying diseases. genetic. The company was founded by the world’s leading experts in genomics research and is led by a seasoned team of industry leaders and scientists with deep experience in genomic medicine, drug discovery and development. For more information, visit chromamedicine.com or follow the company on LinkedIn and Twitter.
SOURCE Chroma Medicine
#Chroma #Medicine #Announces #Formation #Scientific #Advisory #Board #Global #Experts #Gene #Editing #Cell #Gene #Therapy