I am a huge proponent of purchasing discounted gift cards. It is an incredible way to extend your budget. I have tracked my discounted gift card purchases for 2011 and I have saved close to $100 on purchasing items that I would have purchased without the incremental savings. Here is my spreadsheet. I do track these things to determine if my pursuits do pay off. All of these items aside from Ruth Chris were items that would have been purchased regardless if I had a discount gift card or not. My grand total of $88 is not too shabby especially since 2011 is not over yet.
Taking advantage of discount gift cards is a really simple process. First create your budget and then estimate your annual purchases from each specific store. Then either start checking out discount gift card sites everyday or set up for alerts so that you can be notified when a gift card becomes available.
Gift Card Granny is the “mega” site for discount gift cards. It lists discounted gift cards from all of the major sites including eBay. The benefit of Gift Card Granny is that it is “one stop shopping”. You head over there and then you can see your options. I also really like the fact that it has a “Trend” section. It gives you an overview as to how many cards are normally available and the discount you are likely to obtain. This way, you will not wonder if you are getting a good deal since you can see the activity over the past couple of days.
The generous folks at Gift Card Granny want you to start purchasing discount gift cards as part of your normal shopping routine so they offering a $75 gift card to your choice of either Target, Sephora or iTunes to get you started.
To enter the giveaway complete any of the following options and leave a comment.
- Create a gift card alert at http://www.giftcardgranny.com/
- Follow @GiftCardGranny on Twitter and send the following tweet: “I entered to win a (fill in the blank with one of the three) gift card from @giftcardgranny on @Superfrugalette ends on 9/15! http://ow.ly/6imIb “ (You can tweet this once per day.)
- Google +1 your favorite merchant page on Gift Card Granny
You must list a separate entry as a separate comment. This giveaway will end on 9/15 at 11:59 pm CST. Open to US residents 18+. Winners chosen by “The Winner Is” WordPress plugin and are posted. All winners will be notified via email and have 2 days to respond or another winner will be chosen. I was not compensated for this post.
Subscribe Via Email
Search this site
- A Guide to IVA Living Expense Allowances
- Anthropologie 20% off today 9/15 only–time to indulge in navy…
- How to access the prestigious secondhand jewelry market…
- Why I chose Ally bank…
- How I found free childcare for the summer…
- Beginner steps in chemical peels…
- Customer service round up: Coach, Pottery Barn Kids and the Plastic Jungle
- How to win at online giveaways…
- Back from maternity leave…
- $25 Amazon Gift Card Giveaway
InsuranceVisit www.ppiclaims.org.uk for help reclaiming your mis-sold payment protection insurance!